Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The F is silent.

I made a joke today,
my name is fox but all the letters
are silent, I'm like a ninja that way
and you can't take away
what you cannot pronounce,
and that's what I do use verbal Juditsu,
to pounce upon your every ounce of
trying to get out the mountains of

NO.

You ask the universe for some kind of curse,
for a word that started all the fire we burn, but of course
there aren't enough words to shake the feeling of misbelieving,
and thinking somehow, not to be lowbrow,
but the constant denominator is knowing how to name her,
and seeking a wisdom that isn't there, as much as you want to care,
and I am there with you but we don't see the same magic,
a trajic misdefinition of terms, and I will go to hell over this.

YES.

Think what you might and smite what you will,
but will is not strong enough to take the truth from the lies,
the ones I hear every day and try to make sense of,
in spite of my sense of order, disorder, and pretty faces
looking up toward me and asking if they can afford me,
and living a life of knowing the opposite of what you hold
so dear and all the apostiles will nod and beg forgiveness
that you can't grant them because you still believe them.


No comments:

Post a Comment